Effective November 1, 2016, HHSC implemented a new managed care program for disabled children – STAR Kids. The program is statewide and is mandatory for those Medicaid clients under age 21 who meet at least one of the following:
- Receive Social Security Income (SSI) and SSI-related Medicaid.
- Receive SSI and Medicare.
- Receive Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) waiver services.
- Receive Youth Empowerment Services (YES) waiver services.
- Receive Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) waiver services (e.g., Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS), Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD), Home and Community-based Services (HCS), and Texas Home Living (TXHmL)).
- Reside in a community-based intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF-IID).
Rate Setting Actuarial Analysis
Effective 09/01/2018 (.pdf)
Revised Rates for FY 2018 (.pdf) (08/01/18)
Effective 06/01/2017 (.pdf)
Effective 11/01/2016 (.pdf)